7/11/2012 3:12:17 PM - by Bill Bolander
Cars.com voted on the top 10 Most American of all vehicles and once again, the Toyota Camry has been picked as the most American of all cars. The choice was made due to the Camry having more U.S. sourced parts, U.S. production and higher U.S. sales.
This marks the fourth-straight year that the Toyota Camry has topped the "American-made" survey. This year, the Ford F-150 came at a close second but in the end, Toyota, Honda and General Motors took eight of the 10 spots on the list.
"When people think about buying an 'American' car, they might just think automatically of the Detroit Three," said Patrick Olsen, editor in chief at Cars.com. "In reality, this classification isn't as cut and dry as it used to be."
So without further ado here are the 10 most American vehicles and where they're made as voted by Cars.com:
- Toyota Camry, Georgetown, Ky., and Lafayette, Ind.
- Ford F-150, Dearborn, Mich., and Claycomo, Mo.
- Honda Accord, Marysville, Ohio
- Toyota Sienna, Princeton, Ind.
- Honda Pilot, Lincoln, Ala.
- Chevrolet Traverse, Lansing, Mich.
- Toyota Tundra, San Antonio
- Jeep Liberty, Toledo, Ohio
- GMC Acadia, Lansing
- Buick Enclave, Lansing
What do you think of this list? Let us know!